Thursday, March 27, 2008

What is a "tea snob"?

(Photo courtesy of http://www.openphoto.net/).

Welcome to the blog of Amber, the self-proclaimed "snob" of all things "tea". Others have described me as twenty, egotistical, well-read, attractive, Christian, intelligent, curly-haired, a grammatical stickler, "full-of-it", an English buff, female, attractive, a good writer, proud, generous, too skinny, somewhat witty, a jerk, tall, a bibliophile, narcissistic - and, as if to sum up all these qualities, a "tea drinker", whatever that means. And they may be right.

You have seen this, haven't you? True tea aficionados tend to have certain personality types. I do not know whether it is the personalities that give them the passion for tea or the tea gives them those distinct personalities, but somehow, the idea of "tea" brings across certain ideas.

If I may attempt a more poetic ramble, here are a few offhand ideas I get from "tea":


  • A flower garden

  • Deep contemplation

  • A good book

  • Bonding with a friend

  • Calming dessert

And, perhaps my favorite:


  • A hot bath for your insides.

The idea of "tea" is synonymous with beauty, tranquility, relaxation, mind enrichment, social enrichment, gentleness, doing good to self, and all-around well-being. Tea is a spiritual experience.

There is so much I want to say, but this post was intended as an introduction. What will this blog be about? It will have topics of tea, of course, but it will also discuss "tea" arts, people, and life. I know this is vague. I have an idea in my mind, and I can't explain it in words. I can only explain it by bringing the idea to fruition.

The purpose of this blog is to be an enriching, enlightening cup-of-tea for the mind. It should make you feel better, smarter, more confident. It should give you that gentle nudge to go read a classic novel, be nice to yourself, brush up on your spelling, make a new friend - and, of course, to go make a cup of tea!

I would welcome posting contributions to this blog, thoughts, or photos of tea images or tea-inspired images. Please leave information in the comments section or email me: theteasnob at comcast.net.

4 comments:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I secretly think you just enjoy starting new sites online.

Amber said...

You know me! =D

Joshua said...

And new e-mail accounts... how do you remember to check them all?

I laughed at your description of yourself.

Amber said...

theteasnob at comcast dot net forwards to my other email. =)