Wednesday, July 23, 2008

(My little sister, Melody, about four years ago)

I found a great word today - slubberdegullion. It means "wretched slob". It's not the meaning of the word that fascinates me, but just the fact that there is a word that contains "slubber". It makes me laugh every time I think about it.


I am happy to report that the quality of my life is much improved from my last blog post. Not "absolutely wonderful" yet, but it is at least "good" now.


Again, too hot for tea. Maybe I need to find a summer equivalent of and start a new blog! Tell me what you think:


The Lemonade Snob

The Popsicle Snob

The Otter Pop Snob

The Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Snob

The Frozen Chocolate Snob

The Ice Water Snob


Unfortunately, I do not feel knowledgeable about any of these topics to the extent that I would start a blog on them, or even write a blog post on them.


I am in the process of purging from my home a great deal of unnecessary. I have a large pile to donate to the local charity thrift sale (instead of throwing things away - imagine that!) My bedroom has for so long acted as a storage area that it's really the cancerous area in my apartment right now, and I am trying to spend time every day working on it. The other rooms have remained pretty clean this week.


In fact, the only reason I'm writing this post is to procrastinate. I didn't really have anything meaningful to say (obviously). Goodbye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the "iced" Tea Snob? You can have your regular tea with ice cubes in it to make it cool.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

One of the audio taunts in Stronghold Crusader is to call somebody a slubberdegullion. I immediately right-clicked and added it to my life's vocabulary.

Greg said...

You could research the proper way to make iced-tea (if it is anything like making iced coffee the snobs would have your head if you just put ice cubes in it) and additionally there is sun tea. On a different note if you are interested there is Sangria - which is the art of mixing fruit juices and fresh fruits with wine which is considered a summer drink, additionally there is some sort of apple alchohol which is like a wine - but I can't remember what it is called because I haven't ever drank it. Those are my ideas, anyways.