Monday, April 21, 2008

Cleaning

(This is Pokey, my little cat that went missing last September. She loved to sleep in a clean sink.)

Here is how I clean: I invite somebody over. Then I take a nap, watch a movie, and goof around on the computer. Ten minutes before they are supposed to arrive, adrenaline starts pumping as I realize my company is going to see what a slob I really am. I make the apartment halfway presentable. When company comes, I apologize for "the mess" (even though it looks much better than it did before) and proceed to clean while talking to them.


That sums it up. Other than that, I get into crazy "cleaning moods" sometimes where I decide I absolutely must scrub the inside of the refridgerator or organize the TV stand or detail clean something more obscure. I vigorously clean and scrub that item, feeling as if I've accomplished something, while ignoring the dirty dishes stacked on the stove, cat litter on the bathroom floor, and twenty loads of laundry to do.


That is why you are not going to get a post today. I cannot justify writing about something as elegant and proper as tea when I am surrounded by unspeakable filth. Instead, I am going to continue cleaning. (Though, a cup of tea does make for an excellent reward for finishing goals! It is difficult, however, to make a cup of tea when there are no clean dishes.)

No comments: